Instructions for using the Khorda Avesta ebooks
Provided by Soli Dastur.
- On the main page, Avesta Zoroastrian Archives, scroll down until you see three columns: left one for Avesta, middle one for: Middle Persian/Pahlavi and the right one for: Other.
- Under the left column: Avesta, scroll down until you see the weblink for:
Khorda Avesta (Gujarati).
- Click on it and you will see the outside binding of the 1936 Gujarati Khordeh Avesta by Kangaji.
- On upper left corner, you will see a left arrow and a right arrow
to go backwards and forwards in the book page by page. Try them.
(The up arrow takes you back to the Home page.)
- Also, on the right side of the Right Arrow, you will see a small window with "1.Cover" in it and a down arrow
which when clicked gives you a list of all pages of the book.
- You can enter any page number you want to see in the small window to go to that page.
- You can also click the down arrow and go down to any particular page that you want to see by selecting that page number in the list.
- The Index
for this Gujarati Khordeh Avesta is on e-book (eB) pages: 19
and 20, which are on the pages 33-35 of the original Gujarati Khordeh Avesta (KhA) in the first part of the book.
- These e-book (eB) page numbers are not the same as the original Khordeh Avesta (KhA) Page Numbers because each e-book page has 2 pages of the original Khordeh Avesta and the real page numbers in the Khordeh Avesta starts after about 22 pages in the original book.
- To find a particular page number in the original Khordeh Avesta in this e-book, here is a simple algorithm:
Suppose you want to see Sarosh Yasht Vadi (SYV) in this book.
- a) first go to e-book (eB) page 20 to the index to see that SYV is on page 280 of the Khordeh Avesta (KhA).
- b) Divide this KhA page 280 by 2 to get 140 (since we have 2 KhA pages as one eB page).
- c) Add 21 to it to get 140 + 21 = 161.
- d) Then, SYV page 280 in KhA is on eB page 161.
- e) Use the right hand window down arrow and select 161 and you will get the SYV in the KhA.
Hope this helps.
Same way you can get the Kangaji English Khordeh Avesta by clicking on the link: Khorda Avesta (English).
The page arrangement for this eB is similar but the English Khordeh Avesta (EKhA) Index is on eB pages:
8 and 9.
Also, the formula is little different.
Once again, SYV in EKhA is also on page 280 of the book.
To get the corresponding eB page for this, we divide 280 by 2 to get 140 and now we add 9 to it to get eB page number 149 for SYV in this EKhA.
I hope this is understandable.